W&FL Mission Statement
The Women & Family Life Center, a nonprofit organization, helps women and families meet the challenges of daily living and personal development through education, enrichment, support and referral services.
W&FL Vision Statement
The Women & Family Life Center: Inspiring women and families to explore the endless possibilities in their lives, make meaningful connections with others, and create lives filled with promise.
Services We Offer
The Women & Family Life Center celebrated its 20th year in 2011. Originally run from the basement at a local church, WFLC now conducts business from a historic home near the Guilford Green. Our facilities include administrative offices and program space in a converted 220 year-old home, as well as large program space in a beautifully converted barn. The facilities were purchased in 1999 through the generous support of individual donors in the community.
Current programs and activities fall under one five distinct but complementary categories:
- Enrichment & Wellness
- Supervised Visitation
Our goal is to provide a safe and intimate setting for women and families to face changes and challenges in their lives with grace, dignity and community support.
Services at the Center are available to women and families from any town, though we primarily serve Branford, Guilford and Madison. Most of our programs are offered free of charge and scholarships are available for those that have a fee.
Who We Serve
- Parents of young children (pre-K)
- Individuals who are divorcing, separating or experiencing domestic violence
- Pre-teen and teen-age youth and their parents
- Individuals seeking to improve their well-being
- Individuals seeking resources or referrals
- Community members seeking a meeting place
- Artists seeking to share their talents in our gallery ArtSpace
For Planned Giving:
Federal Tax Identification (EIN): 22-3093815
- CT Tax Exempt Permit #: 10725